Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Wisdom and the Holy Spirit

April 13, 2020

I heard from a few of you that you made the Easter Apple Muffins.  How were they?  Mine were not good!  I did not use the wisdom I should have at 67 years old!!  I filled the muffin tins too full (because I was too lazy to get another one out!) and the topping ran out all over the bottom of the oven.  Soooo not only did they not have toppings but they tasted like smoke (from the almost fire on the bottom of the oven - that I now have to clean!)

Today I baked again.  Tried a new recipe for a chocolate cake I had cut out of a magazine years ago.  Today I prayed for wisdom.  Was it because I didn't have unsalted almonds (I did have some with an expired date that weren't salted - hmmm should I use those or the new salted ones??), or the right kind of bittersweet chocolate ( I have some bittersweet and some unsweetened - can I use some of each), or pure vanilla as it called for?    Yes, that was partly why.  I didn't have the exact correct ingredients.  So I prayed for wisdom and also to be attentive to the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

How did the cake turn out?  Well, I don't know yet.  Just wanted to let you know we need God's guidance all ALL we do.  So thankful for nudges from the Holy Spirit to give us direction. 

AND in ALL I do I want to GLORIFY our God and King!!

Oh my goodness, in my haste to come write this I forgot to set the timer!! Help me Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment