Friday, April 10, 2020

Easter Apple Muffins

Friday April 10, 2020

Good morning!  It is almost EASTER!!  It will be a different Easter this year for us not attending because we won't be attending church.  BUT that doesn't mean it won't be good.  There are many services out there to watch on your TV or computer.  Make plans NOW to know which ones you are going to watch.  That way you will do it.  Don't just wait to get around to it.  Make plans now.  Also plan some fun things to do and a good meal - big breakfast or lunch!  Food makes events and days special. It will be a special day thinking about and praising our risen Lord!

I want to share with you a recipe I've had since the 1980's called  Easter Apple Muffins that I got from a cookbook put out by Shirley Dobson and Gloria Gather. 

Before I write the recipe I want to put a plug in for Dr. James Dobson's Family Talk.  I really enjoy his programs and try to listen to them on their app on my phone as often as I can.  The subjects vary and are applicable to all of us.  We need to take every opportunity to grow in our relationship with the Lord and I find this is one way I can do that.  Hope you enjoy listening!  I do!

Easter Apple Muffins

1 c. chopped apples (pare or skin the apples and then chop them into small pieces)
1/4 c. sugar
1 egg (well beaten)
2/3 c. milk
1/4 c. butter

2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 c. sugar
4 tsp. b. powder

TOPPING
4 Tbsp. melted butter
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon

In large bowl mix together apples and 1/4 c. sugar.  Blend in egg.  Add milk and butter and mix together lightly.  Mix dry ingredients together and add to wet ingredients. Mix well.  Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin tins.  In separate bowl mix together the topping.  Add topping to each muffin.  Bake 350 degrees 20 min.   Makes 9 to 12 muffins depending on the size of your muffin tins. 


No comments:

Post a Comment