Friday, April 17, 2020

Marriage challenge....

April 17, 2020

Good morning!!!  Challenge day today!!  How are you doing being 'quarantined' with your hubby?  

Over the years I have really been challenged and encouraged to read these verses on what my actions/reactions should be toward my husband.  (I might say I have an awesome husband. Not perfect...none of us are. I am not!)  These verses are taken from the Amplified Bible.
I appreciate that reverence is lined out for me.  Look at what reverence entails.  This is a challenge!  Accept the challenge and look at your marriage relationship in a whole new light.  Work on it to improve your marriage and glorify God!!  We WANT to be Godly women!  

1 Peter 3:2 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)
When they observe the pure and modest way in which you conduct yourselves, together with your [a]reverence [for your husband; you are to feel for him all that reverence includes: to respect, defer to, revere him—to honor, esteem, appreciate, prize, and, in the human sense, to adore him, that is, to admire, praise, be devoted to, deeply love, and enjoy your husband].

Ephesians 5:33 Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

33b ...and let the wife see that she respects and reverences her husband [[a]that she notices him, regards him, honors him, prefers him, venerates, and esteems him; and [b]that she defers to him, praises him, and loves and admires him exceedingly].

Years ago I rewrote these verses in this version in the back of my Bible to help me 'remember' what I am to do/think in terms of loving my mate....You might want to do the same.  We need all the help we can! 

OUR CHALLENGE FOR TODAY AND ALWAYS!  

No comments:

Post a Comment