Monday, April 20, 2020

Memorizing scripture

April 21, 2020

Yesterday I mentioned that we would be looking at memorizing scripture.  Knowing scripture is very important to having victory in our spiritual lives. It is not easy....takes work...need to continually work at it...need to keep reviewing what we have learned.

Dr. Robert Jeffress of First Baptist Church in Dallas (He is a great preacher.  Tune into his messages if you can.) says:

     Memorized scripture
  1. provides wise counsel throughout life
  2. is a faithful friend during difficult times
  3. serves as a sure defense against temptation.  

When I was younger I could memorize scripture easily and retain it well.  Now it is harder for me.  I have learned a way that I can do it by drawing pictures. Hope this helps you as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment