Tuesday, April 7, 2020

a quick main dish.....

Hello! It is Tuesday, April 6.

I know all of you are busy people.  I will try to put things on here that I think may make your life easier or better.  I hope to vary the content.  I also hope to include a title that will give you a hint about what the blog will be so you will know if you want to spend your precious time reading this blog.

Today I am giving you a quick main meal.  I cook lots and feed lots of people.  We farmed for thirty years and had hired men who always came in to eat.  Now we ranch and it still seems out table is full.  Lots to do and little time to do it.

My husband, Gail, also pastors Valley Cowboy Church.  Sometimes I tell him 'less is more"  ( the sweet wife I am??!) trying to get him to keep the messages brief.  I will try to do the same!!

Ground Beef and Potato Skillet Meal

Brown 1 to 1 1/2 lb. hamburger.
Season it as desired.
Diced potatoes (peeled or unpeeled)
Put on top of the hamburger
Add some water (about 1/2 cup)
Needs to stay moist so the water steams the potatoes.
Salt and pepper the potatoes
Put a lid on your skillet and cook about 20 minutes.
When the potatoes are done, sprinkle shredded cheese on top
Serve when the cheese is melted.

This is one of our favorite meals and is so easy.  It is inexpensive to make and can be stretched if you add more potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment