Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Look good - Feel good - Do good!

April 28, 2020

You've heard the title of today's blog before.  I think there is a lot of truth to it.

I am challenging you today to LOOK GOOD each day.  You don't have to put on your best clothes to be 'staying' around home but look presentable.  Don't be dressed all day in your pajamas or sweats. Fix your hair (sometimes this means WASH your hair!).  Put on some make up. Doesn't take alot! If you are going somewhere do a little more to look great.  Give yourself a mirror check! If you look good you will feel better about yourself and others will respond better to you.

You will FEEL GOOD! You will find you will have more energy. You will feel better about yourself and your environment and your situation.

THEN you are ready to DO GOOD! You are much more likely to get some special projects done, or to pick up the house, or to take the time to do something for someone else.  You will probably 'act' nicer and I bet your will find those around will act nicer towards you too!

I have a little story about my grandmother, Dorothy Green, who lived in the town I grew up in.  I was blessed to see her often!  Each day she got up and put on her dress and hose.  She then fixed Grandad breakfast before he left for work.  He came home for lunch each day and his meal was always ready.

This is the neat thing though.  At four o'clock she went upstairs and freshened up so she'd look good when Grandad came home at five.  They had a great marriage and were great friends and spend many wonderful years together. 

I have tried to remember her example by being presentable as much as possible.  I know my husband really appreciates it.  Looking good, feeling good, doing good is profitable for myself, my marriage, my family and all those I come into contact with.

Have fun and have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment