Friday, August 27, 2021

Traditions - we all love them

 August 27, 2021



TRADITIONS!

Do you have some traditions that your family does together on a regular basis?  I think traditions can be important to the whole family to hold it together and make it feel like 'This is what WE do!'

One tradition my parents had with our family was to have popcorn and shakes on Sunday nights. Gail and I carried on this tradition with our girls.  I have kept the popcorn in this old pail of my grandmother's for about 20 years. Recently I got a new popcorn popper for my birthday.  We eat the popcorn in the same bowls we were given for a wedding gift almost 50 years ago!! Those are some traditions.

Sometimes the grandkids come by on a Sunday evening and they know what the menu will be - popcorn and shakes! One time we had a neighbor stay all night at our house as he had no electricity.  He thought he was going to starve with this meal but I didn't weaken and served it and he did just fine!! It made a memory for him that he talked about for years!

One of our girls and her family have pizza and watch a movie on Friday nights.  The kids really look forward to this time. 

The definition of tradition is the transmission of customs from generation to generation.  Can I encourage you to start some traditions of your own within your family? These new traditions will bond you together and bring you closer to one another.  The tradition puts a stamp on your family saying: This is who we are!

Watch for more fun pictures of our traditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment