Sunday, August 22, 2021

Summer is winding down....we need to wind back up.....

 August 22, 2021

My blogs have been nonexistent since the spring.  This was not intentional.  Summer gets SO busy! My favorite time of the year is fall - when things begin to slow down, routines get back in place, and I can feel the presence of God in a fresh way.

Today I want to encourage you to use this time as an opportunity to start afresh with your walk with God.  It is so easy to procrastinate - soon I will .......  I had procrastinated on several things I needed to do in the office- phone calls I needed to make.  Friday I sat down and made those calls and I felt so good about life.  

In the same way, get back in touch with God NOW - TODAY - this fall.  IF you have been sidetracked by the busyness of summer be sure to:

  -  get back in His Word reading it and fellowshipping with Him daily

  -  try to get into a Bible study group or get a book and do a study by yourself if that is what works

  - read a book that will strengthen your faith

  -  tune into Him however you can and whenever you can.  Listen to daily devotionals on your phone or         listen to sermons on the radio every chance you get. ( I love the In Touch phone app that will talk             to me and give me daily devotions and also sermons.  I also have Sirus in the kitchen so I can                 listen to sermons while I am fixing meals.  We do lots of driving so I try to listen to sermons on             the radio as I drive.)

We must be INTENTIONAL in everything we do to strengthen our walk and fellowship with our wonderful Savior and Lord.

So if you have gotten a little off track through the summer, jump back on board and get in sweet fellowship once again ......  

So thankful for fall and starting over😉

    

No comments:

Post a Comment