Monday, January 24, 2022

God is our rock....


In 2004 our family made a big change.  We sold all our farmland, pasture, and equipment and moved to the ranch we now have.  We hadn't been on our ranch and in our new home long when fear and worry came upon me that maybe we would lose everything we had. We had gone forward with this move knowing the Lord was with us.  He had done some pretty miraculous things to get it all done.  Now I was experiencing fear and worry.

That is when I bought this rock.  I kept it in a visible place to remind me that whatever happened everything would be ok.   It reminded me that I could trust Him and always rely on Him! 

Dr. Rober Jeffress wrote in his devotional, "Nothing will paralyze you as you pursue your dream any more than fear or worry.  Somebody has said that worry is a thin stream of fear that trickles through your mind that, if left unchecked, will cut a deep channel into which all other thoughts and emotions are drained. That is what worry does to us - it drains us; it strangles our emotions."

After reading this I can see that the rock I bought gave me a visual reminder to trust God. It helped to stop those thoughts and emotions that weren't from God. If you are struggling with something yourself, get the Word in front of you in one way or another - read the Bible often; get aa plaque, a picture, .... or a rock! Don't let worry and fear ruin and strangle you.


God is in control of everything! 
 We need not fear. TRUST the LORD!

The LORD is my ROCK and SALVATION. Psalm 18:2

No comments:

Post a Comment