Tuesday, December 7, 2021

When your family members irritate you by the little things they do....


  I am blessed to get to teach Sunday School to the kids at Cowboy Church.  Last Sunday I stepped out of the room for just a second and when I returned two of the brothers were in a disagreement.  I found out one of the brothers wiped his face on the other brother's napkin.  AND the napkin owner was mad!!  As I talked to the boy, I said it that really anything to get all upset about.......

This started me thinking this morning as I folded the laundry.  For years now Gail had taken his undershirt off over his head so it is turned the wrong side out when he throws it in the laundry.  Years ago this used to irritate me.  I'd think "Doesn't he know this takes my precious time to turn these right side out every week?"  I have two options here:

I can suggest to him (at just the right time) that he could help me out a little and not turn the shirt the wrong side out every time he removes it. This would help me in the end with my time management.

OR I can use this as an opportunity to pray for him.  Every time I fold the undershirt I can pray for Gail  - for our marriage, for him to grow spiritually, to him to be a Godly leader, for safety, for wisdom, and the list goes on and on.

We are growing older - I am not so busy.  I will choose the second option at this point in life.

What are others doing that annoy you?  Choose one option or the other. Show love.  Enjoy peace in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment