Saturday, May 2, 2020

My momma's smiling now....

May 2, 2020

I just had to come in and write a quick blog....couldn't even finish the job I was doing!! (You'll figure it out in a minute.)

My mom always kept her front porch and entry way to the door swept up and clean.  I can picture her right now in her older years, when she couldn't do much else, out sweeping in front of her house.  She said if it looked good outside it made people much more relaxed to come to the door and perhaps come in for a visit.

I also remember going to Mexico on a missions trip.  The first thing the women did there every morning was to go outside and sweep their entry.  Sometimes it was just a dirt entry but it was swept.  AND it did look neat and tidy.  I think I could have gone into any of their homes and felt comfortable.

So just a quick encouragement for you to keep your entrance to your home neat and tidy.  It make you feel good too!!  Back to work......

No comments:

Post a Comment