Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Listening to the Holy Spirit's promptings

May 26, 2020

Summer is coming upon us.  It is usually a busy time of year with lots of things to do.  So.... just a quick thought today about the Holy Spirit and the help that He can give.

I believe that when a person receives the gift of salvation by accepting Christ as their Savior that they are given the gift of the Holy Spirit to guide and direct them.  I am so thankful for the gift of salvation and the gift of the Holy Spirit.

John 14
16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper,[f] to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truthwhom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be[g] in you.

Three thoughts for you today:

1.  Listen to the Holy Spirit each  moment of the day for His direction and help.  He is there with you and wants to guide you. He is your helper.  I know I often don't listen or obey and I want to do better.  The Holy Spirit is our friend and guide.

2.  The Holy Spirit intercedes for us for us and prays for us when we don't know how to pray. 
Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words.
There have sure been times in my life when I was in dispair, confussion, or grief and I didn't even know how to pray.  I found great comfort for my life knowing the Holy Spirit was interceding for me on my behalf.  How good our great God is to us!!

3.  Pray for your children and family to have the gift of salvation in their lives and to be guided by the Holy Spirit too!  We often pray that our grandchildren will know Truth.  As I read John 14:16,17  (see verses above)  recently I realized that not only do I need to pray that they will know Truth but they they will receive salvation and the Holy Spirit to show them truth as the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth.  

I hope we all can be more attentive and obedient to the Holy Spirit as He works in and through our lives each minute of each day!! 

1 comment: