Sunday, May 29, 2022

Patriarch?

 

It doesn't seem long ago at all that we were trying to decide what I would be called since I was becoming a grandparent.  Would it be Grammie?  Yes, at least that is what I thought until our oldest granddaughter named me Nanna.  So Nanna it has been! We now have 23 grandchildren calling me Nanna.  I love it!  BUT now I am no longer just Nanna and part of a bigger family but I am Nanna and the oldest of our own big family- the patriarch!

I realized the other day when I was struggling with some issues, that Gail and I were now the patriarchs of our own big, extended family.  I told God I wasn't really ready for this job and struggled with this a bit. After some time with God and some soul-searching, I surrendered to God and the fact that this was not my choice but it was God's design for His families. He has put us here.  He designed the family unit.  He has a purpose for each one of us.  He will give us the wisdom, knowledge, and strength to succeed! 

I know I must stick close by His side, seeking His ways, continually listening to the Holy Spirit whispering in my life moment by moment. I pray God will help guide me and I know He will!! He will do the same for you!

Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment