Friday, October 1, 2021

Four o'clocks - so fun, pretty and easy



I have had fun with four o'clocks for years! When we lived north of  Genoa we had them on the east side of the house and they came back year after year.  Then a few years ago my grandson gave me some seeds.  I planted them on the west side of the garden so that we see them from our house and yard.  They also have come back now for several years from the seeds that have dropped on the ground each fall.   I think they provide a little shade from the afternoon sun for the cucumbers I grow in the garden. 

Four o'clocks open up in the morning and again in the late afternoon.  They bloom from June to late into September and October. They can get about four feet tall if they are well watered. They have rather large seeds that can be picked up as they fall to the ground so that you can plant them elsewhere fairly easily.  I just let my seeds lay on the ground through the winter and they compost in and the new plants come up by themselves.  



Such fun and beauty that God has blessed us with!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Millie! I like 4 O'clocks, but mine haven't done well this year.

    ReplyDelete