Friday, October 1, 2021


 Last year I wrote a blog about leaving your flower pots and flower gardens covered with the old plants through the winter until spring.  This keeps the tiny seeds that have fallen from the old plants in the planters or garden and lets them compost in so they come back up in the spring.  

This flower garden was one that I built in the driveway a few years ago using lasagna gardening.  You put down cardboard where ever you want to plant.  Cover it in layers with leaves, manure, straw, grass clipping, and/or peat-moss.  I took the old-growth off of it in the spring and all of these flowers came back by themselves.  Most of them are annuals that I originally planted there about four years ago and that have come back by themselves but there are a few perennials too. 

In the spring I laid two soaker hoses in the flower garden that are attached to one hose that goes to the hydrant. When I water I just turn the hydrant on and let the soaker hoses run until the water runs out at the edges of the garden.  So easy and quick! 

Fun and easy way to garden! 

No comments:

Post a Comment