Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Life without the Lord

 April 6, 2021

Not long ago I made a batch of banana bread.  I was excited to make it and use my grandmother's recipe.  Wellllll - it was not good! It was my fault and not my grandmother's.



I made a mistake in reading the directions and omitted the soda.  

In baking, always follow the directions.  Look the recipe over and double check to make sure you included all the ingredients.  In this case leaving out the soda was disasterous to the end product. It tasted as bad as it looked!!

Spiritually I was able to draw a few conclusions from this mistake. If we want to be all He has intended us to be:
- we must follow God's directions and do things His way in our lives
- we must have a relationship with Jesus in our lives for us to look and be what we need to be. When we accept Christ, the Holy Spirit comes into our lives and He is our fragrance.  He gives us a pleasant aroma, we look and become different from the world.  We become pleasing to HIM!

Have you accepted Christ as your savior?  His benefits are out of this world and the work He does in our lives is so exciting and wonderful! 

Let Him give you direction!
Taste and see that HE is good!



Taste and see that the Lord is good;
    blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.


No comments:

Post a Comment