Sunday, March 14, 2021

We are EACH different but we NEED each one!

 March 14, 2021


God has impressed upon me this week that we need each one of us - with our own distinct interests, personalities, and talents - to make the world go round and for us to be able to enjoy life to the fullness meant for it. 




These two sweethearts are such opposites - one loves to snuggle and nap, the other moves all the time at breakneck speed.  Love 'em both so much!

While we were in Arizona this winter we played cards in the evenings.  There were often six of us playing.  Out of the two weeks that the six of us played, one of our friends seemed to win most of the evenings when the scores were tallied.  She is very smart and quick and I guess one of her talents has to do with cards and numbers, having played them much of her life!  

Then another one of our six ended up with the highest score every evening which meant he lost most of the games.  This particular friend is super sweet and is very talented musically.  One evening he got his fiddle out for us and played along to songs that were requested for him to play to. It was so fun to listen to his music and see his smile as he played.   He said when he was young he had a difficult time at home and spent a lot of time in his room with his violin listening to music.  From those difficult times he learned to be a super musician.  His musical talent is like a miracle to me!  Remember I said in an earlier blog that I can't dance or sing!  What he can do musically is certainly foreign to my abilities!!


13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.


So I'm saying: don't get irritated with others.  We are ALL differently created by God.  

Enjoy others - encourage others - let them be them!   


No comments:

Post a Comment