Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Praying continually ... as I tromped through the pasture. Why?

 Sept. 2, 2020



This looks harmless enough.  It actually looks very appealing with all the wild flowers blooming.  It was a 'fun' cool morning out in the pasture as I again was pulling those old devil's claw plants.  I was actually doing what I had learned from I Thessalonians 5: 16-18.  Those verses say: Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

You see we live in south eastern Colorado where there are plenty of rattlesnakes.  There is a danger in roaming around in the pasture.  Most every summer my husband kills about fifteen of these deadly rascals on the ranch. So as I was out pulling weeds I was thanking God for the beauty around me BUT I was praying continually and being watchful for snakes around me.  

I thought that really this is what we should be doing in our everyday life.  

We need to:

1.  Rejoice always - thanking God for his gift of salvation, for His Word to guide us, for the Holy Spirit to empower us, and for blessing us so abundantly

2.  Pray without ceasing - Satan is like that rattlesnake.  He is lurking around the corner waiting to trap us and to hurt us and to take us down.  Pray for God's help and direction and protection at ALL times because we need His help to give us victory over Satan.

3.  Give thanks in all circumstances - In life we have good and bad things happen to us.  Let us remember to look to God to give Him thanks for what ever situation He has put us in. May we use every circumstance we are in to glorify Him and grown us in our faith. 

Romans 8:28, 29  And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose. 


P.S.  No, I didn't see any snakes.  Thank you Lord for answering my prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment