Thursday, September 15, 2022

Zucchini Bars - another favorite recipe




 This recipe for Zucchini Bars is one I have had for years that I got from my sister, Cindi.  Some of my favorite recipes are from her! It makes two pans of dessert.  I often freeze one and have some dessert ready to pull out of the freezer when I need one.


Zucchini Bars

Mix:

3 eggs, 1 c. oil, 2 c. sugar, 2 c. grated zucchini (does not need to be peeled first), 3 Tablespoon vanilla

Add:

2 1/3 c. flour, 1/4 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. salt, 2 tsp. soda, 1 cup walnuts

Bake in 2- 9 x 13 greased and floured cake pans at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes

FROSTING

1 stick oleo or butter, 3 oz. softened cream cheese, 2 tsp. vanilla, 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar

Beat until fluffy and put on baked and cooled bars.  The frosting and nuts really make this yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment