Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Give thanks always....




 Last night at Valley Cowboy Church, Trent preached a great sermon from Philippians 4:2-9.  I was excited to hear what he had to say about my favorite verses in the Bible. 

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness[d] be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I have usually thought about these verses when I am anxious and I would be centered on that thought, quoting this verse to help me not be anxious. Last night I really heard him talk about the thanksgiving part. PRAY and BE THANKFUL!  Most of the time I do pray but I'm not thankful.  Rather I worry and pray and worry.  I was reminded to pray and then be thankful!!  I was committed to doing that and started a page in my prayer journal this morning for things I was thankful for.  I hope to add to it daily as I pray for others from my journal.  

Then I was asked to listen to Charles Stanley's devotional today.  It talked about staying young by staying in service to our Lord. He is in never done with us but always has work for us to do. This is what it had to say: 

Staying young while growing old begins with your mind. Never stop listening to the Father and learning from His Word. Allow godly thinking to shape your attitude. Be thankful, never stop laughing, and rejoice in your Lord. Above all, keep believing and loving Him with all your heart. 

May we keep serving, keep learning, keep thanking, keep laughing, and keep rejoicing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment