Monday, January 8, 2024

Hang in there through the years.....teach the next generation.





 Yesterday was an encouraging day as we were back in the Limon area.  We had lived there for about thirty years some twenty years ago...so we'd lived there quite a while and we have been gone quite a while! It really was encouraging to go back.  We attended the church that we had been a part of for many years.  We had helped to build the church after the old one was destroyed by the tornado in 1990.  We'd taught there and been in leadership.  It was so good to go back and see our brothers and sisters in Christ still faithfully serving our Lord and Savior.  

Two specific people came up to me and thanked me for making a difference in their lives many years ago.  Wow!  What a blessing to know that I had made a difference in their lives.

Then we were able to go to a FCA banquet.  There they talked about the impact that those in the organization had made on other people through the years.  And the impact those currently serving through FCA are making on teachers and students now.  

The day really encouraged me.  It encouraged me to see the faithful still serving, to see that what we have previously done has made a difference in others' lives, and to see that it is still important that we keep serving God!

My morning devotion contained these verses that I thought were so adequate for this blog.

Psalm 71:17-19

O God, from my youth you have taught me,
    and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds.
18 So even to old age and gray hairs,
    O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation,
    your power to all those to come.
19 Your righteousness, O God,
    reaches the high heavens.
You who have done great things,
    O God, who is like you?

1 comment:

  1. As always, I think of the day Gail asked for Jesus to enter my life on May 29,1988. Thank you both.

    ReplyDelete