Sunday, October 16, 2022

My thoughts about Halloween...

 Thoughts about Halloween from an old granma.....Just saying....




It is that time of year again already.  Just want to tell you the older I get the more I feel the need to steer clear of this holiday.  It has such a dark spiritual feel to me.

I can think back to enjoying Halloween as a child.  One year, now to my horror, I was dressed as a witch and we had a party at my grandmother's basement.  Now it bothers me that I was dressed like that.  You see, I do not want in any way to open myself up to let the devil have a foothold in my life.  

Your actions now can affect not only you but your children or grandchildren.

We also need to be watchful about what we let into our homes.  Is there anything in them that would attract Satan and his evil spirits?  It is a good idea every once in a while to look around and clean things out that don't honor God.  

As Christians, our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit.  Let us do all we can to keep them clean and honoring to Him. I Cor. 6:19-20 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God?  You are not your own, for you were bought with a price.  So glorify God in your body.   

I am asking you to listen to the nudgings of the Holy Spirit in your life. Don't harden your heart but seek what God has for you as you decide to celebrate or not celebrate this holiday. 

A couple of questions you could ask yourself are:

Would I do this if Jesus was with me?  

Will this action honor God? 

 Will this help or hurt my Christian witness?

Will this activity help me to grow spiritually?

Just saying .......because I love and care about you all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment