Friday, August 26, 2022

May the Lord find us faithful.....

 A small miracle happened in August, we were able to get all 23 grandchildren and their parents together for a family picture! It is so special to have these photos and memories.  Many of you commented on the photos that were on Facebook.  Thank you for the kind comments.  

I have given some thought to this event and these pictures.  Here are a few of my thoughts:

We are blessed beyond measure to have these grandchildren in our lives.  They are EACH special and unique. They are each so very loved and prayed for. 

We are not a perfect family.  We are a Godly family striving to live Godly lives.  We have made mistakes and will probably make more of them.  But we are seeking God and trying to live by His Word. We are thankful for His gift of forgiveness when we confess our sins and ask for it.  ( I John 1:9)

 I remember my growing up years.  I didn't do everything right.  I loved the Lord but failed miserably at times to honor and glorify Him.  I am thankful God and my family didn't give up on me.  Half of our grandchildren are in their teens or up.  These years can define their future depending on the choices they make.  Please pray for them that they may hear from God and obey the promptings of the Holy Spirit. We covet your prayers.

I am so thankful to be able to pray for them.  I have recently been reading and praying through a book called A Grandmother's Prayers by Kay Swatkowski that I purchased from Our Daily Bread Publishing.  It is so helpful as I pray for the grandkids almost daily. 


May we all do as:
   -Philippians 3:14 says and ..." press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in          Jesus Christ." 
   -Hebrews 12:1 says and ... "since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus...

May the Lord find us faithful
May His Word be our banner held high
May the Lord find us faithful
Ev'ry day though we live though we die.

No comments:

Post a Comment