Thursday, October 8, 2020

My secrets on how to make great, quick, easy brownies


 

Some years ago I had a friend tell me how to make the best ever brownies.  I'll share with you what she told me.....

Buy brownie mixes when they are on sale at the store!! Then make them according to the directions - EXCEPT put in an extra egg for each box of mix.   Most boxes have directions on them that tell you how to make cake-like brownies.  This is what we are doing.  I usually make two boxes at a time and put them in a 9x13 pan to cook them in.  That way they are nice and thick. Brownies made this way stay soft and delicious for a long time. If you are only making one box put the mix in a smaller pan. 

Other hints:

Oil only the bottom of the pan before you cook them.  

When you think the brownies are done, test them with a toothpick (not in the center of the pan) but 1/2 way in to the center.  It is so easy to get them cooked too much.  I usually leave mine in the oven about 35 minutes at 350. 

When they are done and slightly cooled, I cut them with a plastic knife.  It slides right through and doesn't get gummed up.  If they are too hot it will melt the knife!

Sprinkle powdered sugar on them with a sifter to make them look nicer.  Enjoy!!








No comments:

Post a Comment